Rules for Entering the Club’s draw for a guaranteed place in the 2020 London Marathon
This year we are again giving those that do most for the club the opportunity to increase their chances by putting their name into the draw twice.
Eligibility criteria – to enter the draw you must:
• Have 6 unspent-volunteer points on 6 Dec for a single entry.
• Have a further 8 unspent volunteer points on 6 Dec for a second entry (i.e. 14 points in total for two entries).
• Be a fully registered, paid up member of EERR. You must have joined before 28 October 2019 (this is the day on which VLM organisers check the club’s membership list and determine how many places we get).
• Hold evidence of rejection from the London Marathon central ballot.
• Not have been the recipient of the club place in 2019 or 2018 (if you were a reserve but didn't actually run, you may enter).
• Be prepared to train regularly with the club by attending Sunday runs regularly.
• Positively represent EERR’s spirit on the day of the race. This includes wearing the club’s branded T-shirt or vest (under exceptional circumstances the committee will consider the wearing of other attire including, for example, a charity-branded T-shirt or a fancy dress costume to raise money for charity).
• Be prepared to share your training journey with other club members via regular blogs/diary items for the club's newsletter and/or social media platforms.
• Be prepared to undertake a review of your training and fitness (by an EERR coach) in late January – as this is the last date we can switch names to a reserve.
• All names (men and women and first and second entries) will go in ONE hat.
• Success in the draw does not cover cost of entry to the race. Winners will have to cover that themselves.
• Volunteer points will be deducted from your account regardless of success in the draw.
• See volunteer points list here: http://www.eerr.org.uk/Volunteer to check how many points you have.
• Two entries in the draw is the maximum allowed - even if the member has more volunteer points available.
• The reserves are applicable until Tuesday 24 January 2020. After this date we are unable to switch names with VLM even if the main runner becomes injured.
• We expect everyone entering the draw to be in reasonable fitness. We expect members whose names are drawn to be able to run approx. 10 miles comfortably by the time official marathon training commences on Sunday 5 January 2020.
• Those considering entering the draw are expected to attend the 7@7 runs on Thursdays and the general Sunday runs between now and the start of official training in January.
How do I enter?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to enter the draw please email Jamie at Chair@eerr.org.uk before 23:59 on Wednesday 4 December 2019. Late requests will not be accepted. Emails must:
• Clearly state whether you want a single or double entry in the draw.
• Be accompanied by evidence of rejection from VLM’s central ballot.